Thursday, October 3, 2013

Walking In The Dark




Have you ever had to take a ‘leap’ of faith? Have you ever made a decision that you felt in your gut was the right decision even though you did not fully know what the outcome would be? Have you ever been so downtrodden or distraught that your only option was to take life one minute at a time? I’m sure all of us have been in one of these positions at one point or another on our journey called life.

I like to call this Walking in the Dark. When, figuratively, you can’t see two feet in front of you but you move forward anyway. I had an experience this week that brought this saying to life in real time. I was walking in my backyard with the dogs when suddenly the floodlight that provided ‘night vision’ went out. I stood in my tracks for a moment pondering what the next move was going to be. We have a big yard with a lot of trees and I didn’t want to run into or trip over anything so I was a little hesitant at for a moment. But then a Bible verse came to my mind - We walk by faith, not by sight - and it clicked, “I know the general direction of the house and general location of the trees. I’ll put one foot in front of the other and slowly walk forward.”

Of course, I made it safely to the house with no injury. I was glad that I decided to ‘walk in faith’ instead of standing in the yard until dawn! This is just an illustration to make point but certainly it is this same formula that will lead us to success in most areas of life. When life is hard and we are facing uncertainty, we must put one foot in front of the other and walk, even if they are slow baby steps. The moment we stop walking is the moment we cease to truly live.

Walk On!


“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” - 2 Corinthians 5:7


Michelle Brockman
Jonah’s Place

www.JonahsPlace.org

No comments:

Post a Comment